After we ordered the PCBs, they finally arrived a week ago. That’s why we could finally start with building our CanSat.
Since we had all three layers printed on a single board, we first had to cut them out. For this we took a scroll saw and the cut the circles and used files and sandpaper to clean the edges afterwards.
After enlarging a few mounting holes that were designed too small, we were able to solder the female headers onto the boards. Only the particulate matter sensor, the piezo buzzer, the switches and the battery compartments we soldered directly on the board. The remaining sensors were attached to the board with M2 screws and nuts.
In order to arrange the layers on top of each other we used four 2 mm threaded rods. But we plan to replace the nuts with self-locking nuts later as the normal ones are too loose.
We plan to order and solder all the needed cables and plugs next and then do a complete test of the electronics. We also need to design the case for the CanSat.
We also have to build the ground station. That’s why we teamed up with the P-Seminar “Physikalische Experimente programmieren”. Together with them we want to build an antenna tracker which automatically tracks the CanSat. But that is still in the planning phase.